Saturday, May 5, 2007

NXT Cicala



I was looking for an easy way to build custom chassis for various robotic projects. So, I purchased recently the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT kit. I think that the NXT is an easy way for experiments or prototyping.

I started with the quick project suggested by LEGO in order to learn the shapes and combinations of the various pieces.
After a few days I decided to make my first NXT robot; the NXT Cicala (a two wheeled balancing robot).

I used the light sensor in order to measure the slope of the robot as in the original Cicala version. I wrote a little program in NXC (a simple PID controller - manually adjusted for my sensor and motors) and voila.



front view




rear view

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you please send me the little NXC-program? The robot is really great.Please send me an E-Mail: felixderBestederWelt@gmail.com

Thanks
Felixfkccc

Google